Are you looking for a way to use your smart home tech to reduce the amount of time
you spend on your lawn care and save money on your water bill?
You may want to check out the Rachio 3e.
The Rachio 3e costs about $80 to $100 less than the Rachio 3, a sophisticated eight-zone automated smart sprinkler system.
Overall, the Rachio 3e is made from similar hardware.
The biggest difference rests in the capabilities of the Rachio 3e when compared to the 3.
Some of the features that have been removed from the Rachio 3e include:
- The Rachio Flow Meter
- Several integrations
- The Rachio Yard Map
The Rachio 3e’s Weather Intelligence System is still present and draws information from a nearby weather station.
On the other hand, it is not as advanced.
You can still divide your yard into several zones to help you control your lawn watering with ease.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the Rachio 3e.
Main Difference between Rachio 3 vs 3E are below
Set it and Forget it
Even though you are missing out on a few of the features discussed above,
you will still have a tremendous amount of control over the Rachio 3e for significantly less money.
Wiring the Rachio 3e is just as easy as it is for the Rachio 3.
You simply pop off the magnetic cover to reveal the wiring terminal for eight separate zones.
There are two standard connections and two sensors. There is also a jack for the power brick.
After this, you can use easy-press quick connectors to complete the connection process.
Then, you can use the app to register the Rachio 3e wirelessly, providing you with access to all of the Rachio 3e’s features.
The Rachio 3e provides you with control over eight separate zones in your yard, allowing you to set your lawn watering schedules to your liking.
Overall, you can set up the Rachio 3e in less than 30 minutes.
There are no special tools required.
One of the top features of the Rachio 3e is the Weather Intelligence system.
While it is not as sophisticated as the Rachio 3, you will still be able to tailor your watering schedule to the weather.
Some of the features that come with the Weather Intelligence system of the Rachio 3e include:
- Rain Skip: If there is a rainstorm on the horizon, then you can tell the Rachio 3e to skip watering for that day.
- Saturation Skip: If you have had a lot of rain during the past few days and you realize that the ground is still completely saturated, then you can tell the Rachio 3e to skip the watering session
- Seasonal Shift: If you live in an area where the rain patterns fluctuate with the season, then you can program the Rachio 3e to shift the watering schedule based on the current conditions
- Freeze Skip: If the temperature is too cold based on the smart thermostat and you are worried the water will simply freeze on top of your lawn, then you can skip watering for this reason
The Weather Intelligence system for the Rachio 3e is not as localized as the Rachio 3, but it still comes packed with numerous features.
Smart Home & Smart Schedule
The Rachio 3e is a smart home system where you can program your sprinklers to water certain zones in your yard more or less.
While the Rachio 3 provides you with the ability to divide your lawn into 16 zones, the Rachio 3e still lets you divide your yard into eight zones.
Then, you can use the Smart Home and Smart Schedule feature to indicate just how much you want the Rachio 3e to water each zone in your lawn.
The Rachio 3e will create smart schedules for your lawn based on the needs of the plants that are present.
Some of the factors that Rachio 3e will consider include plant type, soil type, and sun exposure.
Then, you can come up with a smart schedule that has been tailored to meet the needs of your lawn.
With the Rachio 3e, you can automatically save money on your water bill while helping the environment at the same time.
The Rachio 3e Smart Sprinkler Controller lets you view the amount of water that you have saved using the Smart Controller system.
In this manner, you can cut back on unnecessary watering without harming the health of your lawn.
Thanks to the Smart Controller, you can also control your sprinklers from just about anywhere.
The Rachio 3e app is free and comes with an intuitive user interface. You can run, pause, and stop your sprinklers using your mobile device or smartphone.
The Pros and Cons of the Rachio 3e
If you are wondering if the Rachio 3e is right for you, then you need to take a look at some of the pros and cons.
Some of the main benefits of the Rachio 3e include:
- The Rachio 3e is significantly cheaper than its sibling, the Rachio 3
- The Rachio 3e still provides you with premium water management capabilities, allowing you to tailor your watering schedules to meet the needs of your plants
- The setup process is relatively straightforward with no special tools required
Some of the drawbacks of the Rachio 3e include:
- If you have an exceptionally large yard, then eight zones might not be enough for you
- The Rachio 3e Weather Intelligence system is not as tailored to your location as the Rachio 3,
- so if you live in an extreme climate you might encounter some issues
Overall, the Rachio 3e slices a third off of the price of the Rachio 3 and still provides outstanding features.
Price Tracker For Rachio 3e
Rachio 8ZULWC-L R3e Generation: Smart, 8 Zone Sprinkler Controller, Works with Alexa, Gen, Gray, Rachio
|Current Price||$119.99||November 27, 2021|
|Highest Price||$154.15||July 1, 2021|
|Lowest Price||$109.99||February 24, 2021|
Last price changes
|$119.99||November 25, 2021|
|$123.58||November 22, 2021|
|$127.30||November 5, 2021|
|$146.43||October 23, 2021|
|$137.99||October 20, 2021|
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com.
- At amazon.com you can purchase Rachio 8ZULWC-L R3e Generation: Smart, 8 Zone Sprinkler Controller, Works with Alexa, Gen, Gray for only $119.99
- The lowest price of Rachio 8ZULWC-L R3e Generation: Smart, 8 Zone Sprinkler Controller, Works with Alexa, Gen, Gray was obtained on November 27, 2021 5:47 pm.
The Verdict on the Rachio 3e
The Rachio 3e is one of the top water management systems out there.
The technology is incredibly advanced and it comes with an app that is easy to use.
Therefore, if you would like to save money on your water bill and help the environment, the Rachio 3e is a solid choice.
If you have an exceptionally large yard, then the Rachio 3 might be better.
Also, Check Rachio 3 Controller