Purchasing new hunter sprinklers system is an important investment that can significantly enhance your landscaping efforts. When considering a Hunter sprinkler system, it’s vital to understand the warranty coverage provided to protect your investment and ensure you’re making the right choice.
Hunter Industries offers warranty coverage for its sprinkler products but the duration of the warranty varies depending on the specific product. For example, most Hunter valves have a warranty period of 2 to 5 years from the original date of manufacture, while Wi-Fi irrigation control products like HC, HPC, Pro-HC, and HC Flow Meter are covered for a period of two years.
With their warranty coverage, Hunter Industries aims to offer peace of mind, ensuring that the products you invest in are protected against defects in materials or workmanship when used as intended for irrigation purposes. Always reach out to your local Hunter Authorized Distributor for assistance if a defect arises during the warranty period.
Understanding Hunter Sprinkler Warranty
Terms and Conditions
Hunter Industries Incorporated warrants their products to be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal use in landscape irrigation applications. This warranty covers products such as:
- Micro Controllers
Remember that this warranty is only applicable under normal use and landscape irrigation applications.
The warranty coverage period varies depending on the specific product. For example:
- Wi-Fi Irrigation Control Warranty covers certain products for two (2) years from the original date of manufacture, including the HC, HPC, Pro-HC, and HC Flow Meter.
Please note that there might be some exceptions and modifications to the warranty period of specific products. Always check and confirm the exact warranty period and terms for your specific Hunter sprinkler system.
By understanding the Hunter Sprinkler Warranty’s terms and conditions and the coverage period, you can ensure that your sprinkler system remains protected and maintains its efficiency for years to come.
Remember to always double-check the warranty period for your specific product and use your Hunter sprinkler in accordance with normal landscape irrigation applications.
Warranty Claims and Procedures
Filing a Claim
When filing a warranty claim for your Hunter sprinkler, it’s necessary to provide proof of purchase. Keep the receipt or invoice in a safe place, as this may be required for warranty claims. If you’re unsure about the warranty details, consult the product’s documentation or the Hunter Industries website.
Replacement and Repair Options
Hunter Industries offers various warranty periods for different components of their sprinkler products. For example:
- Spray, rotator, and rotor products used in agricultural applications have a warranty period of 1 year from the original date of manufacture.
- Bottom of riser I-20-SS, I-25, I-40, and I-50 rotors have specific warranty periods outlined in the product documentation.
Depending on the issue and warranty terms, Hunter will provide a replacement part free of charge or repair the product under the warranty terms. Remember, field labor is covered under this warranty for a period of six (6) months, while certain products like ADASLink™ units carry a one (1) year warranty.
Please note that warranty claims and repair or replacement options may vary depending on your location and the specific product you’re using. Always consult with Hunter Industries or an authorized dealer to understand the warranty and its coverage.
It’s advisable to familiarize yourself with the warranty terms and conditions for your Hunter sprinkler in order to effectively process claims and ensure smooth product maintenance.
Preventive Maintenance and Care
Just like any other equipment, regular preventive maintenance and care for your Hunter sprinklers can go a long way in maintaining its optimal performance and longevity. In this section, we will discuss the importance of routine inspection and sprinkler system winterization in preserving the quality of your sprinkler system.
It is essential to perform routine inspections to keep your Hunter sprinkler system running smoothly. Here’s what you need to do:
- Observe your sprinkler system regularly – Familiarize yourself with how your sprinklers work so you can quickly identify any issues that may arise.
- Check for leaks – Examine the system for any signs of water leakage or damage to sprinkler heads, valves, or other components.
- Adjust spray patterns – Make sure the spray patterns align with the desired coverage. Adjust the sprinkler heads as needed.
- Clean the sprinkler heads – Remove any debris or dirt that may have accumulated on the spray nozzles to ensure the water flows consistently.
- Schedule maintenance – Set a maintenance schedule to inspect and perform necessary upkeep tasks on your system.
Sprinkler System Winterization
Winterization is a crucial step in maintaining the longevity of your Hunter sprinkler system, especially in frigid regions. Here’s how you can winterize your system:
- Shut off the water supply – Turn off the main water valve that supplies your sprinkler system. Drain any remaining water to prevent ice formation and the consequent damage during winter.
- Insulate the main shut-off valve – Cover the main shut-off valve with insulation to protect it from freezing temperatures.
- Blow out the sprinkler lines – Use an air compressor to blow out any residual water from the sprinkler lines to prevent damage from freezing and expansion.
- Drain and shut down the controller – Drain all water from the controller and disconnect the power to prevent any electrical issues during winter.
- Protect the backflow device – Insulate the backflow device to safeguard it from the freezing temperatures.
By following these preventive maintenance and care tips, you can keep your Hunter sprinkler system working efficiently and ensure it lasts for years to come.