Sprinkler systems are a fantastic way to keep your lawn healthy and green. One essential component for an effective watering system is a reliable and easy-to-use controller. Look no further than the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller for an impressive solution.
Offering cutting-edge features such as multiple programs, easy scheduling options, and a user-friendly interface, this controller makes managing your sprinklers a breeze. With its compatibility with various sensors and smart devices, the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller enables you to efficiently control and monitor your home’s irrigation system.
Setting up the controller is a straightforward process, and once it’s up and running, adjusting the settings to optimize your watering schedule can save you money on your water bill as well as time spent manually watering your yard. So invest in the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller today, and enjoy a beautiful, well-maintained lawn effortlessly.
Hunter ACC-99D Controller Overview
The Hunter ACC-99D is a highly versatile and reliable commercial-grade sprinkler controller. This powerful controller offers advanced features that cater to the needs of landscapers, irrigation professionals, and property managers. With its robust construction and UL-certified design, you can trust the ACC-99D to perform in even the toughest environments.
Two-Wire Decoder System
One of the standout features of the ACC-99D is its integration with Hunter’s innovative two-wire decoder system. This technology significantly reduces wiring and installation costs while simplifying system expansion. Each two-wire path can accommodate up to 99 stations, providing plenty of flexibility for even the most extensive irrigation projects.
Number of Stations
The ACC-99D can handle a wide range of station setups. With a capacity to support up to 99 stations, this controller is perfect for sprawling commercial properties, parks, and golf courses. You can easily upgrade the number of stations in increments of 1, with available expansion kits.
Real-Time Flow Monitoring
Efficient water management is crucial in preserving resources and keeping costs in check. The ACC-99D is equipped with real-time flow monitoring, which helps you prevent costly damage caused by system breaks and leaks. By continuously monitoring water use, you can quickly detect and rectify issues, ensuring the health and vitality of your landscape.
In summary, the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller offers exceptional versatility, reliability, and ease of use. Its compatibility with two-wire decoder systems, support for 99 stations, and real-time flow monitoring make it a valuable investment for your commercial irrigation needs.
Installation and Setup
Transformer Input and Output
To install your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller, first, choose a suitable location near a power source. Connect the 120/230 VAC input transformer to the controller using the provided terminals. Ensure the transformer output wires have a bare copper wire of at least 1 inch for proper connection. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide:
- Turn off the power source
- Connect the wires to the appropriate terminals
- Turn on the power source
Note: Make sure to always follow local electrical codes.
Next, you’ll need to connect the sensor inputs. Your Hunter ACC-99D controller supports up to two sensor inputs, such as rain, wind, or freeze sensors. To connect a sensor:
- Locate the sensor terminal block
- Connect the sensor wires to the corresponding terminal labeled “S1,” “S2,” or “C” (Common)
- Configure the sensor settings within the controller’s menu
Now it’s time to set up your two-wire decoder system. The Hunter ACC-99D controller supports the installation of up to 99 decoder-controlled irrigation valves on a single two-wire path. Just follow these essential steps:
- Run the appropriate two-wire cable from the controller to the location of the valves
- Install decoders near each valve according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Connect the decoders to the valves, adhering to the color-coded wiring scheme
- Terminate the two-wire path at the last decoder with a waterproof wire connector
Here are some tips for an efficient two-wire path installation:
- Use the same gauge wire throughout the entire project
- Keep wire connections clean and waterproof
- Test the two-wire path with a decoder output module before connecting valves
That’s it! Your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller is now ready to be programmed and put to use. Good luck with your irrigation system!
Programming and Operation
You can schedule watering with Hunter ACC-99D’s Automatic Programs. There are automatic programs available for your needs:
- A – Residential
- B – Business Park
- C – Playfield Complex
Simply choose the program that suits your needs. Your controller will adjust start times and watering durations accordingly.
You can create Custom Programs to fit your specific watering requirements. Customizing a program includes:
- Setting the number of stations (up to 99)
- Defining start times for each station
- Inputting watering durations
Delay Between Stations
The Hunter ACC-99D controller allows you to set a delay between stations. This feature helps in Cycle and Soak scheduling and can be especially beneficial in areas with sloped terrain or clay soils. You can set the delay time in increments of minutes or seconds.
Rain Delay and Non-Water Windows
The Rain Delay and Non-Water Windows help conserve water. The Programmable Rain Delay feature allows you to suspend the watering schedule for a specified number of days. Non-Water Windows can be set to prevent irrigation during certain periods, such as peak traffic times in public areas.
The Overlap Settings permit simultaneous operation of stations. This ensures that the SSGS (Shared System Group Settings) logic prevents hydraulic overload. You can define the following:
- Overlap Zones: Stations that can run concurrently, but not with other groups.
- Same Group Station: Stations that can run concurrently within the same group.
The Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller supports various Station Output options. Here are some key features:
- Up to 99 stations available
- SSGS for efficient watering
- Cycle and Soak scheduling to prevent water waste
Remember to configure your controller settings according to your irrigation needs and follow the local water regulations.
Accessories and Compatibility
Solar Sync Smart Weather Sensor
The Solar Sync Smart Weather Sensor is a fantastic addition to your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller. This intelligent sensor measures sunlight, temperature, and rainfall, helping your controller to adjust watering schedules based on real-time weather conditions. By using this sensor, you can save water and maintain optimal watering even during changing climates. Installing the Solar Sync Sensor is effortless, and it easily integrates with your existing ACC-99D controller.
Flow-Sync and WFS Sensors
Monitoring water flow is essential for efficient irrigation, and the Flow-Sync and WFS Sensors are perfect accessories for your ACC-99D. These sensors provide real-time flow data to your controller, assisting in detecting any leaks or overflows, ultimately saving you water and money. The ACC-99D supports multiple sensor inputs, making it incredibly versatile for various sensor combinations.
- Flow-Sync: Monitors flow rate and works seamlessly with ACC-99D to shut off irrigation zones when flow exceeds limits.
- WFS Sensors: Detect wire faults, ensuring proper electrical connections in your irrigation system.
Roam/Roam XL Remote Control
Managing your ACC-99D sprinkler controller is even more convenient with the Roam/Roam XL Remote Control. This wireless remote empowers you to control your irrigation system from up to 1,000 feet away with Roam and 3,500 feet away with Roam XL, providing flexibility and ease in managing your watering schedule. With its durable design and compatibility, maintenance has never been easier.
Hunter’s Premium ICD Decoders
Your ACC-99D can communicate with Hunter’s Premium ICD Decoders to create a cost-effective and efficient two-wire system. These decoders unlock the potential to reduce wiring, labor costs, and help minimize system troubleshooting time. The ICD Decoders are compatible with both single station and multi-station ACC-99D controllers.
- Reduced wiring and labor costs
- Simplified troubleshooting and maintenance
- Compatible with single and multi-station ACC-99D controllers
With these accessories and compatibility options, your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller will work seamlessly and efficiently, ensuring your irrigation system is the best it can be.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Alarm logs are essential for monitoring your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller’s performance. You can review these logs to identify issues and take prompt action. To access alarm logs, navigate to the controller’s menu, and follow these steps:
- Select Diagnostics.
- Choose Alarm Logs.
- Review the displayed logs.
Take note of any recurring issues or error codes, as these could indicate a major problem.
Hunter ACC-99D is designed to handle overflow conditions efficiently. If you suspect an overflow, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Check the irrigation zones for any signs of water pooling or excessive runoff.
- Reduce the watering time for affected zones by adjusting your schedule.
- Inspect the drainage system for blockages or leaks.
By addressing these issues, you can prevent further overflows and ensure efficient water usage.
The Hunter ACC-99D has built-in surge protection. To ensure its effectiveness, inspect the following components regularly:
- Electrical Connection: Make sure it is secure, and there’s no sign of frayed wires or water exposure.
- Surge Arresters: Confirm they are installed correctly and in good condition.
Proper surge protection safeguards your sprinkler controller, preventing costly damage and malfunctions.
For effective communication between modules, it’s crucial to maintain a reliable connection. Troubleshoot using these steps:
- Inspect all wiring for damage or loose connections.
- Check for interference from other electronic devices or nearby structures.
- Confirm that the modules and controller are running on the latest firmware.
By ensuring proper communication, you can maintain optimal performance of your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller.
Product Specifications and Warranty
Wall Mounts and Pedestals
Your Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller can be easily installed with wall mounts as well as plastic pedestals. These different options allow you to fit the controller according to your needs. The plastic pedestal option provides a durable and weather-resistant solution. Furthermore, it is designed to be compliant with the NEMA 3R standard, ensuring it can withstand harsh environmental conditions.
The ACC-99D sprinkler controller has received various approvals, ensuring its high-quality performance and reliability. A few important endorsements include:
- cUL: This accreditation signifies that the product meets Canadian electrical safety standards.
- FCC: This approval indicates that the controller adheres to the US Federal Communications Commission requirements for electromagnetic interference.
- RCM: The Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM) represents the controller’s compliance with the electrical safety and EMR requirements of Australia and New Zealand.
When you purchase the Hunter ACC-99D controller, you can trust in the product’s reliability and performance with these approvals and certifications.
Warranty Period: Hunter offers a warranty period for the ACC-99D controller to ensure your satisfaction and peace of mind. Remember to check with your retailer or Hunter’s official website for information on warranty coverage and terms.
By opting for the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller, you’re investing in a high-quality, reliable, and versatile irrigation solution. Make sure to consider its product specifications and warranty when making your decision.
What is the Hunter ACC-99D sprinkler controller? The Hunter ACC-99D is a top-of-the-line, highly efficient sprinkler controller designed for commercial projects. It allows you to manage your irrigation systems with ease, flexibility, and precision.
How many stations can the Hunter ACC-99D support? The ACC-99D controller can support up to 99 stations, making it ideal for large commercial properties and public spaces.
What are some of its key features?
- Modular design: Easily expandable by adding ICD decoders for more stations (up to 99).
- Easy-to-use interface: The full-color touchscreen makes programming and schedule adjustments a breeze.
- Solar Sync compatible: This makes your irrigation system more environmentally friendly by adjusting watering based on local weather conditions.
How do I install the Hunter ACC-99D controller?
The ACC-99D is designed for easy installation. Here’s a brief rundown of the process:
- Choose a suitable location for mounting the controller.
- Secure the controller using the provided hardware.
- Connect the ICD decoders to the valve wiring.
- Connect the controller to the ICD decoders and a power source.
- Follow the setup instructions provided in the user manual.
Is the ACC-99D compatible with Wi-Fi?
Yes, the ACC-99D is compatible with Hunter’s WAND Wi-Fi module. This allows you to access and control your irrigation system from a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
What warranty does the Hunter ACC-99D offer?
The Hunter ACC-99D controller is backed by a 5-year warranty, ensuring your investment is protected and providing you with peace of mind.
Feel free to consult your user manual or contact Hunter’s customer support for further assistance on any questions you may have about your ACC-99D sprinkler controller. Remember, your irrigation system should be manageable and efficient, and the Hunter ACC-99D is designed to provide just that.